Friday, March 13, 2009

Messing around with a chocolate cake

I got inspired by Bakerella's cake pops and tried my own variation.

Unfortunately I am not as artistic as she is and neither do I have the patience to cut shape and frost those tiny cupcakes I did something simpler.

I took some store bought chocolate cake and added the frosting to it. Mashed it about (eww, couldn't help but feel gross since there was just too much unavoidable cake touching and mashing)

I added some orange colored fondant in the center and sandwiched two equal sized cake portions and sealed the sides to form a ball.

When sliced it looked nice. But tasted kind of like a semi cooked cake even though I knew it was a cooked cake and the mushiness was on account of the frosting and mashing. Anyways I had fun.

DSC03006


Did not expect too much luck on Friday the 13th anyways