Thursday, November 20, 2008

Super Easy Ice Cream Cake

I will be really busy in the next couple of days so I'm writing two scheduled posts today.

OK so this was NOT low fat. Unlike my last post this one is loaded with calories and despite my diet, I did this one for a couple of friends who came over to work on a project. But only we know how much WORK we ended up doing *wink wink*

Anyway back to the cake. I love Nigella's show andI saw this recipe on Nigella Express and I just had to make it-- but of course with my modifications (a girls gotta have some individuality right?) Nigella made hers too rich with a lot of chocolate chips and way too much caramel sauce mine was even more express and lighter.

What you need:

1.5 liter carton of Vanilla ice cream
5-6 chocolate covered biscuit chocolate bars like Kit-Kat
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tbs butter
2 tbs single cream
1/4 cup water


What to do:

1. Make a caramel butter suace: Melt the sugar and caramelize it. When caramelising quickly add the cream and stir. Be careful it really splutters. Then add the butter as well stir until sauce is thick and of one consistency.

2. Crush the chocolate bars either with your bare hands or using a rolling pin or a like instrument, into coarse pieces.

3. Soften the ice cream and using a hand whisk or an electronic whisk on a low speed, incorporate the softened ice cream with the chocolate. Stir in some caramel sauce as per your taste.

4. Pour in a clip cake tin and set till firm. You can top a little caramel sauce while serving as well.

5. Cut into slices and as I always say, enjoy!


q-icecreamcake


q-icecreamcake2

0 comments: