Friday, February 6, 2009

Homemade Pasta

I love pasta.

First of all carbs, cheese and meat make me a very happy person :)

Second of all I lurve Italian food. For some reason it really goes well with my palette.

If that wasn't enough if it is... ahem made fresh and with wholewheat flour?? what more do I want in life? :D

I made this from scratch, by hand, without any machine or anything.

What you need:

3 cups of wholewheat flour
2 tbs EVOO (for those who don't know/love Rachel Ray, evoo stands for extra virgin olive oil)
2 eggs
Salt as per taste
just a drop of water for kneading (only if needed)
lots of water for cooking


What to do:

1. Mix all the ingredients except for the water and knead for a good 15 minutes to form a reasonably firm dough. If the dough is too firm add a little water (do not over do it)

2. Roll out thinly. Cut into any shape you want.

3. Spread out the pasta onto trays and leave to dry for 2 hours.

3. In a large saucepan heat a lot of water till boiling add salt if wanted. Drop the pasta into the bubbling water and cook for no more than 3-5 minutes. Overcooking will ruin the pasta.

4. Drain pasta and use as desired.

Be sure to consume the pasta within two days. Since it's fresh and preservative free, it doesn't keep well for long.


DSC02942

my pasta, drying


DSC02948

The cooked, drained pasta; still steamy.


DSC02954

What I did with my pasta :)

0 comments: