Saturday, January 10, 2009

Homemade Strawberry and Plum Pop-tarts

Shaheen @ The purple foodie made these wonderful strawberry pop-tarts a couple of days back and I just had to make them! Unfortunately for me, I had no strawberry jam, but I did have some plum preserve which  used as a substitute.

It was a real winner!! perfect perfect! the other big change I made was use whole flour instead of plain flour.



poptart1

mmmmm


I had a bit of an oozing problem though... the filling just kept oozing out.. but thats OK.. just took a while to clean up my baking sheet :P 


poptart2

I love the Strawberry :D


Thanks for sharing this one Shaheen :)

3 comments:

Yasmeen said...

Scrumptious ! my kiddos would absolutely love these:)

Shaheen said...

You made these already! You're quick! The strawberry looks gorgeous. I'm quite curious about how things turn out when you use whole wheat instead of all purpose flour?

plutosangel said...

@Yasmeen: and you will too! :)

@Shaheen:I had a pack of strawberries in the refrigerator and I thought: what the heck? :P.. besides this is really the best time to get the best, freshest strawberries.

Well I try using whole flour as far as I can there is a difference in the result though.. all purpose is more elastic while whole isn't... if you bake a cake or bread using whole it doesn't rise that much... while all purpose rises a LOT.. so you may have to add a little more baking soda/powder/yeast in the case of whole.. but I don't mind doing that rather than having that fiber-less stuff stick to my gut.. :P